Friday, April 20, 2007

Reporting from Virginia...

I thought I'd share the menu from tonight's dinner at the Blue Light Grill & Raw Bar in Charlottesville, Virginia. Seven courses... here we go:

Course 1: Kumamoto oyster with a cucumber slushy and fresh lime.

Course 2: Honey smoked Alaskan salmon with kejap manis and curried frozen yogurt.

Course 3: Blue crab salad with sweet spring peas and yuzu.

Course 4: Seared Alaskan halibut with fried green tomatoes, sweet corn and avocado-thai basil mouse.

Course 5: Big eye tuna and foie gras "torchon" with sour cherry gelée and nano anise.

Course 6: Green tea "caviar" with basil flower and candied ginger

Course 7: Banana empress roll with coconut-chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.

-- Mike

4 comments:

tytytytytytytyty said...

you lost me at "cucumber slushie"

Bruce L. Snell said...

What? No Funyuns?

-Bruce

Ruth or Joe said...

Where's the beef?

Joe

Anonymous said...

I'm usually up for something new but, as Ty said, "you lost me at 'cucumber slushie'".