The miracle machine, Trilogy, and I parted ways yesterday. I have completed ten days of chemotherapy and 33 days of radiation, now all that's left is to wait and see if I am cancer free or not. I have appointments with our oncologist, Dr. Thudi, and radio oncologist, Dr. Coon, on May 21 and June 20 respectively. Then in August I meet with my urologist, Dr. Iloreta, who will examine my bladder to see if I am free or not. So things are looking good. I have probably told you more than you ever wanted to know but, gee, I have to write about something.
As the senior member of this family, with the exception of Grandma Julia Whitener, I want you youngsters to know that the older one gets the more sentimental one gets. In that light I want to thank my "kids," Bruce and Karen, Mike and Sally, Tyler, Cody and Austin, for all their concern, help and support they have given me since this thing started last July. Really for longer than that because they all are willing to help any time, one doesn't need an illness for them to respond. I don't think a person ever had a better family, I am truly blessed.
Now, that said, I can get back to insulting them in the Snell family tradition. Insults mean love to us but each of us know the real meaning.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment