Well, we're back. Well, some of us. Mike is still out there roaming the outback and won't be back for a week.
I think I returned around 9:15pm last night and didn't do much more than catch up with the family, so photos will have to wait. Hopefully I can get a few ready and post them later tonight.
In a nutshell, it was a really great trip. Ferry, Doug and Mike are easy and fun travel partners. No problems, in-fighting or anything. We learned that Mike has nerves of steel when driving Highway 550 from Durango to Ouray. The screaming from the rest of us didn't seem to bother him a bit.
In the four days we were on the road we visited Durango and took the narrow gauge railroad (very cool) to Silverton and back. Doug thought it was a "great deal" because they gave us each a hat and bottled water. We spent most of Sunday at Mesa Verde where my disappearance for roughly one hour had the other three guys looking under bushes and over cliff edges. I don't know what the big deal was all about, I knew exactly where I was the whole time. Sunday night we were back in Silverton (the temps dropped and it rained). Monday, we headed home taking the "scenic" route (or is that the "screaming" route) through the mountains to Colorado Springs where we dropped Mike off and the rest of us headed home.
More to come...
-Bruce
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"The more to come" has us all waiting to hear about the rest of your trip! It sounds like you all had one heck of a good time (complete with giggles)? Since I am your Mom I can believe the giggles from 2 of the four guys, especially from Mike when his big brother was trying to get him in all kinds of trouble?! Oh, the memories of some of those times. Stay happy!!
Mom
Nerves of steel indeed. We're back in Montrose, CO tonight — ready to take the "screaming" route past Silverton again tomorrow on our way to Cortez.
Glad the rest of you guys made it home safe and sound, Bruce.
See you all in about a week,
-Mike
Post a Comment